Explore our promoted experiences
- Guided walking tour of The Shadow of the Wind book sites in Barcelona
- Visit iconic Barcelona landmarks from the novel, like the Church of Santa Maria del Mar and Els Quatre Gats Café
- Discover the locations of the fictional Cemetery of Forgotten Books and the Sempere & Sons bookshop
- Explore off-the-beaten-path Barcelona squares and alleyways like Santa Anna Street and Baixada de la Llibreteria
- Become immersed in 1940s Barcelona with your guide's live commentary
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Stroll down the atmospheric Rambla Santa Mónica and arrive at the antique wooden door at the Arch of the Theater; imagine Daniel seeing the ‘old palace skeleton’ and the Cemetery of Forgotten Books for the first time.
Meander through charming squares such as Plaza Real and Baixada de la Llibreteria before arriving at the quaint church of Santa Maria del Mar. Engage with captivating commentary from your guide as you’re reminded of the significance and scenes surrounding the church.
Continue to the renowned Els Quatre Gats Café, an important location within the novel, then stroll to the fictional location of Sempere and Sons bookshop. Admire the imperial majesty of Palau de la Música Catalana, then bid farewell to your guide at this conclusion point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Operated by a bilingual guide in Spanish and English
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Icono Spain Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It is a bilingual tour, and often takes place in very loud areas so sometimes it's hard to follow along between the language switches and the general noise of Barcelona, but I still really enjoy the tour." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews