- Full-day private tour of Obidos, Peniche, Baleal and Mafra from Lisbon
- Admire the charming medieval town of Óbidos on a walking tour
- Visit the traditional fishing villages of Peniche and Baleal
- Marvel at the Baroque masterpiece of Mafra National Palace
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up and round-trip transport by private vehicle
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
After around an hour’s drive, arrive in Óbidos and set out on a walking tour around the remarkably preserved medieval center. Learn why Óbidos is nicknamed the ‘Village of Queens’ as you follow your guide down the narrow cobbled lanes, admire the pretty painted buildings and climb the ramparts of Óbidos Castle for a panoramic view over the surrounding countryside. Finish your tour with a sample of local specialty, cherry liqueur (included).
Enjoy some free time to explore Óbidos independently, take photos or shop for souvenirs before you set out to the next destination – Peniche. Pay a visit to the seafront village, known for its surf and fishing industry, then continue along the coast to Cabo Carvoeiro to see the unusual rock formations that loom from the ocean and admire views of Berlengas Island. Nearby, the village of Baleal is best known for its striking location, on a narrow peninsula that juts out into the Atlantic, and there are plenty of photo opportunities.
The final stop of the day is in Mafra, where the star attraction is the Mafra National Palace, an architectural masterpiece and Portugal’s largest Baroque building. Hear about its history as a monastery and its association with Nobel prize winner José Saramago, as you stroll around the magnificent complex and pose for photos in front of its grand façade.
After some free time to explore the rest of the city, return to Lisbon, where your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY InPrivate Tours, Private Tours Portugal
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands