Explore our promoted experiences
- Cultural tour of Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
- See arches, buttes, and other rock formations used in films and other media
- Hear stories about Navajo culture from your guide
- Visit a traditional hogan for a Navajo demonstration
- Choice of departure times when booking
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Make your first stop at John Ford's Point, where some of John Wayne's western movies were filmed, and then head into the backcountry area of the park to see Sun's Eye Arch and visit a hogan for a Navajo demonstration. Standing at Sun's Eye Arch at a specific spot, you can look into the rock arch to find out how it got its name. Also at this location, check out petroglyphs from the Anasazi people and listen to stories from your guide.
Next, head to the Big Hogan, another natural feature, for more photo ops and stories before visiting your last backcountry attraction, the Ear of the Wind, the largest arch in the park.
Continue to the Totem Pole and Yei Bi Cheii monuments for more photographs and to hear about their cultural histories, and then visit the North Window, where you can admire the Mittens Buttes from a different perspective. Your tour then ends at the original departure point.
Please note: Each guide's stories vary, as they have different stories to tell, which come from their personal experiences, Navajo culture, and lore and legends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all adult/senior travelers
- Uneven walking surfaces
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Pet friendly
- We do observe Daylight Savings TIme. We are on Mountain Standard Time (UT). Be advised that there is a one hour time difference between Arizona Time Zone and the Navajo Nation Time Zone (Mid-March to October).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- COVID19 Protocols exercised and in place
- Departing from The View Hotel lobby near wooden benches, have confirmation# ready.
- Most travelers can participate
- Face coverings are mandatory
- If you are feeling any symptoms of COVID19 or have been around a person who does, please advise us immediately for cancellation.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY MV Dineh Bekeyah Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands