Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore the natural features of Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
- See arches and other rock formations used in films and other media
- Hear stories about the area from your guide
- Choice of departure times when booking
Departure & Return
Meeting in The View Hotel lobby near the wooden benches. GPS coordinates N 36.98188 and W 110.11210.
What To Expect
With your guide, make your first stop at John Ford's Point, where some of John Wayne's western movies were filmed, as well as 'Transformers: Age of Extinction.' Then head into the backcountry area of Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park to see the Sun's Eye Arch. Standing here at a specific degree, you can look into the rock arch to find out how it got its name. Also at this location, check out petroglyphs from the Anasazi people and listen to stories from your guide.
Then continue to the Big Hogan, another natural feature that's a favorite photo op site, before stopping at your last backcountry attraction, the Ear of the Wind, the largest arch in the park.
Next, head to the Totem Pole for more photo ops and to hear about their cultural histories, and then visit the North Window, where you can admire the Mitten Butte from a different perspective. Your tour then ends with return to your departure point.
Please note: Guides are locals who have been praised for their storytelling skills and are first aid- and CPR-certified. Water is available but it's recommended that you bring your own snacks and other necessities.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- We do observe Daylight Savings TIme. We are on Mountain Standard Time (UT). Be advised that there is a one hour time difference between Arizona Time Zone and the Navajo Nation Time Zone (Mid-March to October).
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- NOT responsible for lost or stolen items (cameras, phones, wallets, passports, etc.) while on the tour. Please only bring items you need to make your tour more comfortable (jackets, cameras, snacks, etc.)
- COVID19 Protocols exercised and in place
- Departing from The View Hotel lobby near wooden benches. Have your confirmation# ready.
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Face coverings are mandatory
- Most travelers can participate
- Uneven walking surfaces
- If you are feeling any symptoms of COVID19 or have been around a person who tested positive, please advise us immediately for cancelation
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY MV Dineh Bekeyah Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Enclosed vehicle may have been better option on that day." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews