- Colosseum and ancient Rome tour with special access
- Enter the Colosseum directly from the arena floor, a rare privilege
- Skip the main entrance line with priority admission tickets
- Explore the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill, as well
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Please be on time to meet your guide at our office in Via Frangipane 30 to avoid losing entrance at the Colosseum. Your private expert guide will lead you into the Amphitheater that is located only a few minutes away from our office.
What To Expect
Skip the regular lines and maximize your time at the Colosseum as you enter the amphitheater directly onto the arena floor, where gladiators and wild animals engaged in bloody fights. Visit the ring overlooking the underground sections of the Colosseum, and learn about its history from your guide, who has a degree in either art history or archaeology. Listen to anecdotes about the glory days of the arena and the lives of the emperors and senators of the time.
Next, leave the Colosseum and walk to Palatine Hill, one of the Seven Hills of Rome, where emperors and other wealthy residents lived. Take in the view of the Roman Forum and Circus Maximus, and then walk down the hill to explore the ruins of the forum, where your guide shares more stories and uses books and 3D pictures to show you how the site looked during the days of Ancient Rome. Your tour ends with return to your starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Normal sized backpacks are permitted as huge backpacks will not be admitted.
- Colosseums' Rules:Sharps objects, liquid glass bottles, drones, selfiesticks, perfumes & sprays are NOT allowed. Only plastic water bottle are accepted.
- Small group tour will average 16 people (with a maximum of 20 people).
- Please be aware that to enter the Colosseum it is necessary to pass a metal detector security check;
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please be on time or you might lose the entrance for the Colosseum or a part of the tour
- There might be a slight change in the departure timing. In this case we will call you in advance.
- A current valid passport or ID document is required on the day of the tour for the entrance at the Colosseum
- Please make sure you bring comfortable shoes and a refillable plastic water bottle especially during hot weather!
- Near public transportation
- There might be a slight change in order of the itinerary due to security and ticket availability.
- Please note that due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not suitable for any persons with disabilities.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- OPERATED BY VIVICOS INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL SRL
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews